Multimedia Project Research

Team:
Me. Just me.

Idea:
The main idea is to create a multimedia project, so that it includes an array of aspects. I had a few ideas for this module, but the most interesting ones didn't suit, so I decided to try out my third option - An interactive story. And, in fact, I might be adventurous and do two shorter stories. First for practice and getting hang of the software and second, more polished story.
But I am getting ahead of myself. What is Interactive Story or Fiction? According to Wikipedia, "it is a form of digital entertainment in which the storyline is not predetermined. The author creates the setting, characters, and situation which the narrative must address, but the user (also reader or player) experiences a unique story based on their interactions with the story world."
I don't exactly know what stories I want to use - whether they will be horror, fantasy, sci-fi, a mix of few genres. I rather wait and slowly brainstorm ideas than try to force it quickly, so I will get to it later.
When it comes to the software I will use, I have few options. The one recommended in the class was Twine as its relatively easy to use and as a lot of options, but I decided to look at other options I might have.
The next coming up as "free and easy to use" is "Quest". It allows to create IF without the knowledge how to code as it comes up with visual script editor.
And then there is "Squiffy". Its advertised the same way as the previous two, but seems to be a little more complicated than them.
Finally, I found "Ren'Py", which is more focusing on a visual novel aspect than the plain written story. According to their website, "Ren'Py is a visual novel engine – used by thousands of creators from around the world – that helps you use words, images, and sounds to tell interactive stories that run on computers and mobile devices."
Options are definitely there.


Inspiration: 
I was looking for good inspirations that would show the full potential of the programs, but I just kept getting very simple, plain stories.
Hunting Unicorn
Eeltail
Whitefield Academy of Witchcraft
One Thousand Lies

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD