MD2Final GDD

Source

So for this week, I been working again on the Game Design Document. This was mostly to make sure that the document is full of informations about my idea. It sadly takes a lot of time that could be used up for doing the actual project, but at least making the presentation is a bit more fun than just writing all the text on a plain white page or on the DunDoc website. Speaking of DunDoc though - the interactive story will be very strongly based on what I wrote on that website so it might be worth checking out - Click!


If everything goes according to the plan, I will finally start doing the story this week. If things slide back, I will just abuse the easter break to do it, since then I will have free time and a good few other projects will be already done at that point. 

Comments

  1. Hey Ada! This is a really well written game design document I like how you decided to create your game off of the one you created last semester I look forward to seeing it developed even further. I like how you're using an open-source medium to create your game I haven't seen many people do that. The story sounds really cool I think the idea of creating a mystical type game will allow for a lot of creativity. Adding a main map to the story is a great touch I think it's a simple way of adding the feeling of an adventure/fantasy game. I'm really looking forward to see the development of the characters different stories and their roles. Will they have some sort of power? Good GDD overall, best of luck with the game!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ada i really loved your game from the first semester, you had such a good story and i am please to see you decided to continue it, i love the concepts you have come up with for the characters, if you drew them yourself then wow, they are amazing, for me the story is everything in a game, it could have the worst graphics but if the story is amazing then I am sold, I would love to see how you make the spells come to life and how the game will unfold, you could even add in some combo spells like fire and ice working together to make a frostfire spell or something like that, I like how your going the interactive route as it means people can learn from it, all and all I’m really looking forward to seeing how your game ends and how each character progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ada,
    Really good game design document and I like how you will use your story from last semester as it was an interesting story for a game. Your game sounds like it will be a fun fantasy game. The twine tool sounds like it will help you a lot for backgrounds and a inventory system in your game. The game's world sounds really fun to explore and adding a map will help players in exploring this game's world. The characters sound exciting and I look forward to seeing their final designs along with the game's final design. Enjoyed reading your blog and good luck with the game.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

Alpha