Alpha

Personal images of my in-game.

Personal images of my in-game.

Personal images of my in-game.

So here is my kinda-alpha... Still quite behind, seeing how much code I need to add into the game and instead I play with the terrain and water and bushes and flowers and all of those things.
Its really hard to get everything needed just from the free assets and its quite frustrating when you imagine something one way, but then it's completely different due to restrictions... But it is what it is. I think it looks decent so far...


Difficulties:
Cursor - I tried like 10 different tutorials and I still can't get the cursor to work. I have seen tutorials where people just put in "Cursor.visible = true;", and it works perfectly... but sadly, not in my case.
Dialogue - I tried using Fungus for dialogues, because it looked simple enough and doesn't require coding, buuuut... I don't know how to make it active when you click the NPC... Oh wait, I forgot I don't have the cursor... Yeah. It all goes back to the smallest problem.
I have few plants and bushes around the map that, technically, can be collected, but aren't just yet, because... no cursor!

Comments

  1. Hi Ada
    Thanks for commenting on my last blog post. Your game is looking really good!! I can tell that you definitely put in tones of work into it. It looks like a small village! I can really relate when you've mentioned your second problem with the dialogue goes back to the smallest problem because I know how annoying and frustrating these things can get. I have a similar issue with my character animations.
    But, from the photos you've shared I can see that your game has really taken its shape. The mini map looks great and did you end up getting the inventory to work properly? I hope that soon you figure out how to get the curser to work. Best of luck with that!
    I'm really excited to see how you'll continue on and for the end result!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ada, I literally have the same problem as you, I play around making things look somewhat nice by adding textures and what not, My cursor doesn't work even though I have this little dot pop up but it doesn't do anything...I have to say you're really good at designing and modeling the environment. I mean you have a frickin' sea and a village and all. Question: are you using the standard assets first person controller? Cause if you are then you could just follow Jimmy Vegas' tutorial on the cursor. Also, do you have NPC's in your game already? If so show them off, Shaun might like that. Since you're adding random stuff in instead of code(like myself) you could add a ship in the background for the aesthetic purposes you know. Anyways, really good progress keep it up, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Ada, i have to say your game is getting better and better each time i see it, i really love how your game is turning out, it looks so good, i love the story and concepts you have in the game, iv'e not even played it and somehow feel like i could connect with your main character on so many levels, i can't wait to try out your game, wishing you all the best on getting it finished :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD