Feedback Thoughts

Source: Pinterest
Feedback. Negative. Positive. Constructive. So many people talk about feedback, yet they don't know how to do it properly or how to receive it. I had a lecturer who used to say that feedback is like a sandwich. That you start with the strenghts, then you provide criticism and, lastly, you reiteration the positives and add in the positive effects that can be expected when you act upon the criticism.
Only to never do it that way. Not once through two years. Why talk about it and how important it is when you will never do it?

The best feedback I ever recived was a constructive feedback, which wasn't all negative, but it really showed me a lot of way I could improve whatever project I was doing at the time. It kind of opened up my eyes to all the small, silly mistakes that I have made. I didn't make them the next time.

The worse feedback? The one I never recived. The one where I only got a grade with no idea what I did good or bad. Just a blank grade with no ability to improve.


Seven Ways to Crush Self-Doubt in Creative Work
Good ol' self-doubt. I think most people go through that awful feeling of doubting yourself every move and decision. It really stops a person from moving forward, so the best way is to get rid of that feeling, and this is the topic of the article.
There are seven strategies mentioned that could help in fight with self doubt, and they all seem to make pretty good sense. They are easier said than done, but very achievable if worked towards.
Those strategies are:

  1. Don't compare yourself to others, 
  2. Abandon perfectionalism,
  3. Be vulnerable to a trusted community,
  4. Embrace a growth mindset,
  5. Set goals that are within your control,
  6. Treat your work like an experiment,
  7. Treat yourself.
Self-doubt and Critical voices are very similar and both are just as annoying. I myself struggle with the constant criticism in my head. As they say, "you are your worse critic", and that is very true when it comes to me. This article is giving strategies to fight with critical voices, as well as examples of real life. 
  1. Look for the positive,
  2. Hear the positive,
  3. Dig in to understand positive,
  4. Believe the positive, and act as if it is true. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD