Unity Free Tutorials

For this week. I got a chance to pick my own tutorials which was kinda fun. At least I got to look for something that will be useful for my game. At first I thought to follow the tutorial series by Jimmy Vegas because things mentioned there are pretty useful - like the particle system which is so versatile and vast, but instead, I decided to go with some of his other tutorials.


I been thinking for a long, long time how can I include a minimap that would be displayed in the corner of my screen? It turned into a bit of my nightmare, because I wasn't able to find a lot of information on google and even if I did, it was confusing... so this tutorial helped me greatly. And, there is no coding which is even better for me, because it tends to confuse me.
Source



This video goes through npcs and textboxes which, again, will be something I will use a lot in my game... Once I somehow get the npc's in. 
The tutorial starts off with downloading the NPC from the Asset Store. I been looking at characters on asset store, but a lot of them are either expensive or not quite useful for my project, therefore I will look at UMA, which allows the developer to customise the characters... Back to tutorial. Jimmy show that we can walk through the character, so to get rid of that effect, we need to put a box surrounding the npc - this isn't anything new, as I have done it in the previous tutorials. And then the textbox... In the video, it is quite primitive and ugly... but I already have an idea of how I would want my textbox to look like, and I simply cannot wait to implement it into my game. 
But... then came the coding and blew my mind. He copied the code from a previous episode, which I haven't watched, but gladly, he explained a fair bit of it anyway. 
Last part was getting the spider npc(ewww), to look at the player... I like this idea. I might actually use it for some of my npcs, so that they look and follow the movment of the main character. 

Npc found on pinterest


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD