Favourite Game: Final Fantasy XIV

"And thus did grey mists give way to azure skies,
man and dragon rise above, voices joined in song

but beneath shrouded boughs
beyond the scope of light
shadow stirs"

Final Fantasy XIV - Taken by me, 2016.

I started playing FFXIV back in 2015 and at first, it seemed like the most confusing game in the world. Thousands of players, npcs, shops, items, tiny inventory and so, so much to see. And then there was the storyline that felt like reading a 900-pages book. But with each one-sided dialogue, the game drew me in more.
Soon enough, I found that FFXIV isn't only a game for players who want to fight monsters. It is so much more. At a certain level, a whole range of gathering and crafting classes open up - and you can pick and master all of them! It took hours of gathering and crafting, but it was also the most relaxing thing after a whole day at an architecture and interior design course in Blackrock. I am not going to lie, there were days where I would plan out my gathering routes during almost two hour train journey from college to home.  
Once you are a crafter or gatherer, the FFXIV world becomes quite small - you run from one market board to another, constantly checking prices and quantities sold. And then you farm, and farm and, (suprise!) farm more. 
And then I stopped playing it. Projects began to seriously pile up and I found myself constantly running out of time to play... 

Good, old times. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD