Unity Free Tutorials

I guess I will talk about the unity tutorials I went through to make my first playable game. The minimap tutorial was in the previous post, so I will skip on that - it was the first and probably last tutorial I found that didn't require any scripting for something interactive. And it took me 20 minutes to get it done... That was nice... very nice. And it looks impressive too!

Anyway, onto inventory... Why, WHY did I decide to make an inventory? Why did I even think it will be quick and easy thing to do... I mean, a lot of games have inventories! Big, complex, inventories... You would think Unity has somehow, magically, included a pre-built version... But no. And such simple, well-known thing requires lines and lines of code. And errors. Lots of errors. I think some of my scripts decided to just die after the 100th editing session. "End-of-Life" fatal error doesn't sound too good...




I was also going to add in the whole aspect of equipment but... no. Just no. I'm traumatized... And straight after saying that, I found even more C#-intense tutorial. 

3 episodes of creating a crafting system... Lets go. Watching it... I'm kinda thinking "Will I have to completely recreate the whole inventory that I spent so much time working on?" ...I hope not.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD