Unity Tutorial 05 - Skybox, Wind, Fades, Environment

Screenshot of my Unity

The three tutorials for this week talked about the skybox, wind, the fade in and out screens, as well as a little bit about the general environment.

The first video I watched a long time ago, and was very excited to find out more about this whole skybox thing, as it changes pretty much everything. I experimented a little bit with different skyboxes - some were gloomy and dark, other ones were a lot more brighter and vibrant, but as I didn't like the extremes, I downloaded another asset set with a sky that looked a lit more natural. I like how it looks. The next part was to add in the wind, and that part was super fun to experiment with and see the different results. At first, my trees were moving wildly all over the place, but as I increased all the stats, it all started to become more realistic.

The next tutorial was focusing on the fade ins... While I think its pretty cool feature and might use it in my game, I struggled with the coding part of this episode, especially the part with the axe. When I went to Jimmy's website where he includes the scripts and assets, it was slightly different compared to what he shows in the tutorial.

And finally, the last tutorial touched more on the environment and how to make it prettier. I have done it pretty much after first episode, so I didn't feel the need to download another asset and place it in the world, as I have done it before.
Three of my "Favourited" asset packs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD