Prototype

Well... I don't have much to write for this post, as Unity is being a complete rebel since I tried to download 3D Game Kit to use some of the assets included in there. So I am currently at the moment where Unity doesn't want to open up or it takes about an hour to open up... So can't screenshot the bit of pretty landscape that I have done. I will probably redo it tomorrow...
Instead, I spent a lot of time looking at possible assets for my game and I have found a lot of very useful things - starting with textures, to materials, to rocks, trees, flowers, crystals, through potions, tomes, books finishing on houses, interiors and exterior.

Some of the assets

I also found a lot of amazing, paid assets which I would love to use... but I know there is no point paying 50$ for something I will use only once, so I will work from whatever is free.

I am also including a screenshot of a landscape I have created for my tutorials - I have created something very similar for my prototype, just instead of a lake, I have a river. 
Screenshot of a trial landscape before I started prototyping

So, what is working right now... I found out that I really like landscaping and I am decent at it, but need to work a little more on the texturing.
What doesn't work... Unity. And time. Not enough of time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD