First Playable

"Tick tock, tick tock... Running out of time!"

So, today I am presenting the somehow first playable... Though, I don't see why anyone would like to play it at this point, since there is very little to be done in the game. If I had extra 10 hours in a day, I would love to put it into the game, because I quite like it, even though it's stressful when codes don't want to work or drop a thousand of errors that make no sense. At this point, I thought I would have HUD done, and maybe some simple quest or two... But sadly, I'm not that far yet - stuck on the HUD and lines and lines AND LINES of code. I guess I got a working inventory in place, and a mini map, so that is a good start... I would still love to do a button to exit the game, access settings and inventory... whether I do that or not, depends on the time and complexity of the code involved.

The next step, is to add NPCs, dialogues, quests and some new things to pick up... And of course give them an icons, so that they appear in the inventory. Oh, and make the map feel a little more alive... A lot of work ahead... but I will get it done... somehow.
Screenshot of my Unity

I might have to pull the whole idea back a bit and not make it as complex... but that will kill the whole fun for me.

Comments

  1. Ada, you absolute mad scone. You're so far ahead that it actually scares me but the fact that your already have and inventory and a mini map is amazing and kinda uplifting since I'm gonna use those as well in my game. My character can't move yet cause...Unity and I've been working on the group project for the past week so I din't get anything done. I'm surprised that you didn't put in any trees since your game is like based on a witch in the forest or something along those lines. I'm genuinely hyped about your game, like I wanna play your game. And I'm jealous cause that's what I'm aiming for in my game and you already have it done. Despite my frustration with your success, I'm happy to see your progress and can't wait to play your game. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ada! Hope you are doing well. I think we all would love an extra 10 hours in the day then we would all be a little less stressed. Your game looks great from the screenshot and I am flabbergasted by the inventory and mini map it looks so professional. I was expecting for everyone's to be very basic but you are setting the bar very high for everyone else I would be expecting an A if I was you. It sounds like you might be over complicating this a little with the amount of work you are giving yourself to do. I hope it is not too overwhelming. Best of luck getting the work done and I can not wait to see and try your completed game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ada,
    So far so good, your game looks awesome! I'm sure getting an inventory and a mini map in place isn't easy and yours looks really well made. That's something I'd never even want to attempt because I'm sure it's not easy. One thing I can relate to thought, wanting those 10 extra hours during the day. I could really use them! I think your game idea is really good but you might be making it a little bit too complicated. Make sure that you're not putting yourself under too much pressure from not understand how to go about making your game reach that high standard. Remember, sometimes less is more. Currently I'm in the stage of "dumbing down" my initial game idea because it is a little too difficult. With that said, I'm really looking forward to see how your game develop's. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ada,
    Oh my god your game looks absolutely amazing, I dot know how you have made it look that good it looks ready to play now and that is mental, you are so far ahead thats crazy. I love the look off your game it gives a nice calm and chilled out vibe. The sky box you used is really nice gives the whole game a really natural feel and the hills the texture you used is perfect. The small board on the side looks brilliant how did you make that its so cool. Im just wondering will this be the one terrain all the way through the game or will it change even slightly?, I cant wait to one day play your game because I can see from our blogs that you put in a lot of hard work and effort into and I'm positive that will show in the end result. Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction - Hey! I don't bite.

Final GDD - Witch's Apprentice

MD2Final GDD